Sunday, October 05, 2008

A penny for my thoughts


No need for a penny....I'll give them to you for freeeee!!!

Im watching Spiderman 3 and have had a bit of an epiphany...a bit unusual to have an epiphany whilst watching Spiderman, but I'm not very usual anyway.

Had a bit of a realisation about how transient our world is when it comes to love and fulfilment. Jumping from one relationship to the next to find that 'thing' that fulfils them. This isnt limited to romantic relationships either, friendships can be included in this.

When I think of love, I think of commitment and serving the person with no motivation for personal gain. When I search the scriptures this is what I find. In 1 Corinthians 13 Paul gives an amazing description of love

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I know we hear that passage at like every wedding we have ever been to and sometimes it can lose its OOOOOMPH!!! Sometimes it grows a bit old on me too...but I know that instead I should soak this verse in apply it more and more to my life.

Sometimes I think I know more non-christians who demonstrate 1 Corinthians 13 better than christians. Imagine if we loved others as Jesus called us to? Possibly more people would look to him for love and fulfilment rather than eachother.

I certainly have so much to learn in love, all the elements Paul touches on I need God to transform in my attitude. I'm just such an idealist and wish life was like God intended it! I guess heaven is the only ideal....Love is a beautiful thing. Gods love is even more beautiful :D

What if we looked at every situation through love?

No comments: