Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Bruising

Talk to most people who know me pretty well and one word they would use to describe me would be responsible (however writing a blog on the night before my last exams isn't too responsible....hmmmm). Nevertheless, responsible is certainly a word I would use to describe myself.

A few weekends ago, I had a slight lapse in my responsible nature and decided to give skateboarding a go. This certainly wasn't a bright idea as another word to describe me would be unco-ordinated. At first my skating expedition was rolling along quite well (pun intended) and I decided to start pushing off....after a few small sucessful attempts I decided to demonstrate to my friends my new found skill. I place my right foot on the board, I pushed off with my left leg and next thing I know I'm up the air, legs flailing about, arms waving around. KABOOOOOOM!!!! My butt hits the ground and I break the fall by sticking my right arm out. SMACK!!! CRACK!!!!

Fortunately, no bones were broken. I have however had a very sore right wrist for the last two weeks. For the first week and a halfish I had no visible brusing on my wrist, however on Saturday the brusies started to emerge...two weeks after my stack! I probably should have gone to the doctor at the beginning to prevent it from hurting for so long....stinking pride!

This got me thinking.....

How often are we hurt and we leave the injury untreated? There has been plenty of times in my life where I have been emotionally hurt and I don't deal with the problem properly. Whether that be talking to those involved in the situation and recifying it, or just taking it to the Lord and seeking his face. Truth is, no matter how long you leave a situation untreated, the problem, the issue, the root cause is going to surface. The bruise is going to come out.

Wheter we like it or not, problems need to be dealt with. Directly. Whats the point in going through life and accumulating all of these wounds, being damaged and harmed and not dealing with it? Eventually it will rise to the top and the bruise will surface.

Jesus wants to heal us of any injury caused to us. Physical or emotional he wants to be there. To walk through it with us and see us healthy and whole. If you have hurts, turn to Jesus, cast your burdens onto him - he cares for you. He loves you.

No comments: