Sunday, November 02, 2008

Idealist

Recently I have been realising what an idealist I am.

I see my life before me playing out like some picture perfect romantic comedy, with the leading lady being a strong, beautiful, graceful and endearing heroine, capturing the hearts of all those around her. It would have to be a four part miniseries of course, following the young lady as she transforms throughout the decades, with her trials and tribulations, along with some hilarious situations.

I don’t really know what to think of when I look to the future. I have so many plans, hopes, dreams and desires for my life and lately, I've been feeling young and naive in thinking they will come to fruition. It’s not that I don’t want these things to happen, but rather that sometimes the horridness of the world stops me from believing that they will happen.

I look at so many people, broken and hurting, just like me and everyone else and wonder if it is possible to live that picture perfect existence. I guess the truth is that we all are broken, we all are hurting and yet we all have these desires in our heart to achieve.

But when I think about the any plans, hopes, dreams and desires for my life, it reminds me of where they came from and who placed them in my heart.

Psalm 37:4 states: Take delight in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart

I also think of Jesus’ words in Matthew 6:33: But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well

When we seek after God, when we desire God and what he desires and purse righteousness he sees that and answers our prayers.

Yes, all the plans, hopes, dreams and desires for my life that I want may not come to fruition, but Gods plans, hopes, dreams and desires for what he wants will come to fruition if I delight in him and seek is kingdom and his righteousness.

No comments: